(Click here for more information)
Attention teens! You can help win up to $3,000 for your library. Here’s how: Make a video!
- Gather your friends and put together an original 1-3 minute video about why you need your library. Up to six people can work together to submit a video.
- Pick your technique: Entries can be live-action, animation, machinima, or a combination of these. Check out this list of tips and resources on making a video.
- Read through the judging criteria to see how entries will be judged.
- Upload the video to YouTube between January 11, 2011 and midnight April 18, 2011.
- Be sure to tag your video with alaneedmylibrary15 if your designated videographer is between the ages of 13-15 or alaneedmylibrary18 if your designated videographer is between the ages of 16-18.
- One more thing: Don’t forget to mail in an entry form. Videos are submitted online, but an entry form needs to be received in the mail by April 18 in order for a submission to be eligible.
- Read the complete guidelines for more information.
From each age category (13-15 and 16-18):
- Three 3rd place winners will receive $1,000 each for their selected libraries.
- Two second place winners will receive $2,000 each for their selected libraries.
- One winner or group of winners will receive $3,000 for their selected library, plus $50 gift cards to an online bookseller for each individual member of the winning group (limit of 6 participants per group)
For more information, contact whyIneedmylibrary@ala.org.